Starting from where I left off in part one (Full Circle) we had just started redesigning the trunk setup and talking about front camber. Since then I’ve finished installing the first variation of the trunk design as well as all the new suspension components. From then till now I’ve learned quite a bit more about the car and about myself. With regret I do admit that I failed to accurately document everything that had been done. Nonetheless, lets go through the little photos that I did take.
In the eight months that have passed I’ve driven the car for about six. I spent a little over a month “finishing” (not a good word to use around the GF) up everything for our anniversary meet in Las Vegas, Sin City Affair.
- Finish front suspension assembly
- Install front suspension assembly
- Finish rear suspension assembly
- Install rear suspension assembly
- Finish designing trunk setup
- Install new trunk setup
Finishing the front suspension assembly was simple but with fault. The issue that I had with the compressed bag height had been combated with shortening the body of the lower strut mount, thus allowing the lowest point of the bag to be lower then before yielding the full travel of the suspension. However this also meant it required more pressure to raise the suspension to my previous driving height. The tophats required some finishing but really all that was left was to press in the studs. New top bag mount plates were water jetted and I ended up using my old lower bag mount from my previous setup. Last minute I decided to make some endlinks which were just some rod endings and stainless steel threaded rods. With the front suspension complete and installed I was able to put the front subframe on the ground which was what I was looking for, however the drive height was just too low. So now I’m stuck fine tuning the bag height as well as the strut length to get the most efficiency out of this setup. Nothing I’m not use to but a choir none the less.