Thread: I think something bounced up into my undercarriage!!

Default I think something bounced up into my undercarriage!!

So I have this bad habit of being in a hurry all the time because I'm always on the go...well today was my 2nd time I heard the god awful clunk of bottoming out my car. I currently don't have any plastic undercarriage because...well it all broke off lol. So I'm curious to know if many of you have tried out the Corksport skidplate at all and if it's saved your bums. I'd totally buy it in a heartbeat but I worry if I smash that if it will push some metal up where metal shouldn't be!! I've been lucky two times now and haven't busted my oil pan...but I think it's time now to look for some protection!!

My car isn't nearly as low as a majority of your guys' so props to whatever you guys are doing to protect your goods!

I have been involved with the skidplate since day 1. I rock the prototype on my car which later became the one they went with. I'm decently low, I live on horrible roads, I autox... This thing gets beat to hell and has yet to bend, crack, or anything, it's also still very easy to change oil due to the removable area to reveal oil filter.

Purchase and don't look back!

Edit: the title threw me off!

I know a lot of people are having problems with them not having correct fitment (for some reason.. I don't know why that would be, it's corksport!)

I believe the biggest downside to them though is the fact they are fully enclosed; as opposed to the plastic it as vents and things for your engine; I hear with corksport your engine bay will run much warmer than average.
    06 Whitewater Pearl build @ mazda3forums.com

putting this thing on isn't the easiest if you're doing it from the ground, it's best done on a lift. Mine fits perfect (2004 mz3 hatch)

i monitor everything with a dashhawk and my motor does not run hott... then again i live in the Pacific Northwest where it's rainy and somewhat cold all year round, lol! There is still plenty of air able to reach the motor and if you wanted to get serious with it take it to a shop and have them cut some slits in it?

here's my fitment

Addict

I want a skidplate

I want a lot of things though lol

Strange.. maybe that's a good thing for me then maybe :/

Promit on mz3 forums had fitment problems with his. I know the engines changed a tiny bit in 06, and 07+
    http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=186454

I would just be more interested in it if it had the VG air inlets in it personally. It sure looks pretty though!
    06 Whitewater Pearl build @ mazda3forums.com

well like i said you can just make your own air inlets and then the problem is solved as far as air flow. again, he didn't have a lift so putting that on was a huge PITA... luckily Corksport is 20 minutes up the road from me so i just go to their shop to do anything on my car.

Good to know! I don't do anything crazy either just autox. We just have suuuper shitty roads here. The ventilation slits would be a good idea. If I purchased one my friend has a lift at his parent's house...THANK GOD! But, now I may have to make a special trip to Corksport when I come up to Portland and maybe if I purchase from them directly they can make some slits for ventilation. The summers get pretty hot over here so that's all I worry about.

Oh and the title was supposed to throw you off I said it in my head with a southern accent when I typed it lol

I did not open this thinking I'd see photos of you I'n daisy dukes I promise ;p

I come over for the excelerator car show I'n courdelane or however you spell that and I would gladly bring any parts to Idaho with me you purchase to avoid shipping costs

hahaha! Well when's that car show? I'm hoping to be in Portland in May...if not it'll be July at the latest. Then maybe we can have a play date at Corksport!?! If I can't get up there I appreciate the offer on bringing it over

i think the car show is late summer so it sounds like you might actually get over here before that which would be cool. play dates at corksport are always fun, i'm there weekly!

Alright done deal i'm excited! I think I will be very pleased with the skidplate...just have to be uber careful until then.