Growing up we are surrounded by the automotive world, inspiring us till the day we are able to get our first car. Our first car becomes our canvas, using our inspirations to mold it to the way we want it to be. Such is the case with Anthony Dela Merced’s 1995 Classic Red Mazda Miata from Las Vegas, Nevada.
Anthony has always had a passion for cars since he was a kid. Growing up his father had a two door Toyota Corona, and his two brothers always had Corollas. These inspired him when he was first looking for his first car to modify. At the time he was in search for an older Toyota, however, weeks of searching on Craigslist without finding anything to his liking and budget Anthony started looking at different makes/models of cars.
After much needed research on the Miata platform, Anthony saw how much potential the car had. As a result, this eventually lead Anthony to finding his Miata in North Hollywood, California.
If you ever wonder how the car scene is in Las Vegas, Nevada then it is safe to tell you that it fairly diverse. There is a good mixture of VIP, imports, euro, and muscle cars. But, definitely a lot of Honda owners. The Mazda community has grown exponentially over the years.
- “R” package front lip
- Jass Performance low profile headlights
- Garage Star front and rear tow hook
- Project-G 25mm widened front fenders
- Project-G side G-fusers with corner flares
- Project-G vented wing windows
- Project-G light weight rear vented hardtop glass
- “R” package rear lip
- Slick Auto euro rear finish panel
- Runabout type II gas door
- NA6C dashboard swap
- Artworks Dewa gauge cluster meter panel and needle caps
- RS refine gauge cluster “independent” gauge rings
- Revlimiter gauge faces
- Nardi deep corn steering wheel (leather w/red stitch)
- Nielex stainless steel center panel
- Artworks Dewa A/C panel with metal A/C button and ring
- Jass performance custom radio cage
- Voodoo aluminum shift knob and e-brake handle
- NB Mazdaspeed leather seats
- Eunos checkerboard floor mats
- Work Meister Cr01 wheels with polished finish (15×9/15×9.5)
- Dunlop Direzza 195/50 tires
- BC BR-type coilovers
- Project Kics lug nuts
Engine and Management
- Kraftwerks supercharger kit
- Mishimoto radiator
- Garage Star test pipe
- AEM analog boost and wideband gauges
- Garage Star oil cap
- Garage star aluminum wiper cowl
- Polished valve cover and intake manifold
- JVC KD-R80BT head unit
- Infinity Reference 6.5” door speakers
- Kicker CVR 12” subwoofer with 1200w amp
This build is never ending so things change frequently. Possibly new wheels with better fitment and more aggressive in the future.
Shout out to Joe, Steve and the rest of the Project-G staff for all the support throughout Anthony’s build. Shout out to the Wrong Fitment Crew family for letting Anthony be part of an awesome group of friends. Shout out to Royce, Eddie and Junior of the Las Vegas Roadster Community, and Anthony’s girlfriend Ailyne for supporting him throughout his build since day one.
Thank you Anthony for sharing this with us, and Paulo Jurisprudencia for capturing it. You can see more of Paulo Jurisprudencia’s work here: http://www.flickr.com/pjurisprudencia/